- HTML documents must start with a document type : <!DOCTYPE html >.
- The HTML document itself begins with <html> and ends with </html>.
- The visible part of the HTML document is between <body> and </body>.
The <!DOCTYPE> declaration represents the document type, and helps browsers to display web pages correctly. It
must only appear once, at the start of the page
- The <!DOCTYPE> declaration is not case sensitive.
- HTML headings are defined with the <h1> to <h6> tags.
<h1> This is heading 1 </h1>
<h2> This is heading 2 </h2>
<h3> This is heading 3 </h3>
<h4> This is heading 4 </h4>
<h5> This is heading 5 </h5>
<h6> This is heading 6 </h6>
- HTML links are defined with the <a> tag.
<a href="https://phpcoderspoint.com"> Go to website </a>
The link's destination is specified in the href attribute. Attributes are used to provide additional information
about HTML elements.
- HTML images are defined with the <img> tag.
- The source file src, alternative text (alt), width, and height are provided as attributes:
<img src="example.jpg" alt="image_description" width="151" height="151">
- HTML paragraphs are defined with the <p> tag
<p>This is a paragraph tag</p>